Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wednesday, July 13

We moved from Oyster Bay To the municipal marina. There are 70 transient slips here and a wonderful facility with laundry, a pool and showers. Oleson's Fresh Market is 2 blocks from the harbor and carries just about anything you might need from bandaids to liquor!
We docked about 1:30, got settled in and showered.  Then began the arduious task of the laundry! But I was okay with that 'cause I was almost finished with my book.Sister-in-law, Kathy game me a book titled "Cutting For Stone". What a wonderful read... I didn't want to put it down. And I did finish it. Thanks Kathe!
Aoubt 6ish we took a walk along the main street. Charlevoix is such a lovely place. Great little shops and eateries. Everything is well within walking distance.
We ate at the Villager Pub - lake perch and whitefish. Yum-ee!! Oh and sweet potato fries! Very tasty.
The harbor has a beautiful park just beyond the boat slips. Tonight there was a troupe of flagdancers performing. Very talented young men and women. There are concerts in the park every Tuesday and Thursday.
Charlevoix is getting ready for their Benetian Festival. All kinds of festivities including a boat parade and fireworks. It lasts from July 16-23.
The night ended with a game of gin rummy which I lost much to quickly! Skip is ahead six games to  my one! I wish I could remember cards like he and Pat and Melba!
Love and Blessings from beautiful Lake Michigan,
Margo and Skip
PS: David I've found your boat. Check out the picture attachd. Also attached a picture of the marina.



No comments:

Post a Comment