Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tuesday, July 19

When I was a little girl and my Daddhy was in the Air Force, we lived about a block from the flight line at  Hickam (spelling) Field in Hawaii. Every night I was lulled  to sleep by the sound of aircraft warming  their engines for a night flight or taxiing toward a hanger after landing. The past two nights the sound of  the fog horns and horns of the tankers and freighters have had the same affect on me.  Wonderful sounds to go  to sleep by.
Our day here was not too exciting. Took a bike ride to the grocery and post office. (David the saddle bags are perfect and work wonderfully!) Then I spent the next several hours in front of a washer and dryer! Ugh! I don't know why someone doesn't invent paper clothes!  Certainly they could be made soft enough to wear on certain parts of your body! What those few hours did afford me was watching the Food Channel for a bit! Yipee!
While I was doing that Skip took off on the bike in search of a hardware store. When he got back he reported that he didn't see one bakery!  Just as I thought!
Love and Blessings,
Margo and Skip

No comments:

Post a Comment