Sunday, August 21, 2011

Saturday Aug 20 and Sunday Aug 21

Saturday
Had such a nice day on the water today even though we didn't get to sail all day. We left Mackinaw City and headed to Beaver Island arriving about 4ish. Got settled in and took a walk into town.  Came back to the boat and fixed dinner and played cards!
The pictures attached show Vince and Diane some relaxing  while we made our way to Beaver. And of course there's the Captain at the helm.

Sunday
Got up a little later than usual today... played cards way to late! But we showered and fixed breakfast and decided to rent bikes and go for a ride.
So  we got our bikes and headed out. It was a beautiful day with big puffy clouds in the blue sky. We had a map so we knew where we were going, at least most of  the time. There are some beautiful scenes; great landscapes; and blue water in every view.  About an hour into the  ride we came to the beach on the other side of the island from where the boat is moored. I was slowing down and applying the brakes and as I put my foot down on the gravel road, the bike tire rolled over a large rock and I lost my balance. Needless to say, I fell! My knee is pretty banged up with part of it just hanging on by a slight attachment to the rest of my knee. Since we were at the beach we took our shoes off and walked out into the water where I washed my knee off.
But wait, the story gets better... We saw that rain was coming so we put our shoes back on and began to peddle back to the boat. We had left the hatches open (which we never do!). And yes it began to rain. Vince rode ahead of us to get to the boat as quickly as possible. Diane, Skip and I followed but not as fast. It bagan to rain harder and hail started to fall! Thankfully it was only pea sized and not  the size of golf balls! We finally had to duck down a lane that was tree covered.
We all looked like drowned rats! Plus the V-berth got wet. So here we are in these wet clothes, a wet bed and sheets and tennis shoes! Gheeezzzz! It's a bike ride we won't soon forget..
Headed to  the Shamrock Pub for dinner later.
Love and Blessings,
Margo and Skip




No comments:

Post a Comment